If you experience a dental emergency, be sure to call as soon as possible. If you need immediate attention after hours, our on-call staff member will help you and schedule an urgent appointment so you can get the problem resolved right away.
(780) 997-6453 – Call as soon as possible in emergency
Many scenarios can result in an urgent dental problem, not just a tooth that gets knocked out or a broken jaw. It could be the toothache that wakes you up in the middle of the night, the crunchy snack that chips a tooth or the chewy one that dislodges a filling.
Common dental emergencies include:
- Broken or cracked tooth
- Broken jaw
- Tooth that has been knocked out
- Dislodged filling
- Object caught between teeth
- Severe toothache
These issues can cause difficulty with eating, drinking, sleeping – even breathing. Intense pain could be caused by any number of problems with your teeth, tongue, gums or jaw.
Many people don’t know what to do when faced with a dental emergency.
- Is it necessary to go to the hospital?
- Should you place a hot cloth or a cold cloth on the jaw?
- Is it a good idea to take painkillers?
- Should you save a lost tooth and bring it in, and if so how best to store it?
When you call the Smilemakers 24 Hour Dental Line we will respond to your questions with advice that is precisely relevant to your unique circumstances.